According to information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1.3 million elders are permanent residents of nursing homes in the United States. The data was collected in 2016. One must also be cognizant of the fact that the total licensed beds in the country are filling up rapidly.
There is no arguing that a senior citizen would rather spend the golden years of their lives close to their loved ones. Nursing homes do offer certain benefits, especially for dementia patients but the seniors prefer to stay in their retirement homes.
If you have a loved one staying in one of the nursing homes, make sure to visit them once or twice a week. Reading compassion quotes for the elderly can help you become the guiding light for the elderly people in your life. As a person gets older, they find it challenging to find love, respect, and compassion.
Here are the 11 Compassion Quotes for the Elderly
1. Compassion being action without motive, without self-interest, without any sense of fear, without any sense of pleasure.Jiddu Krishnamurti
2. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.Dalai Lama
3. Compassion hurts. When you feel connected to everything, you also feel responsible for everything. And you cannot turn away.Andrew Boyd
4. They too, are created by the same loving hand of God which Created us…It is our duty to Protect Them and to promote their well-being.Mother Teresa
5. No one has ever become poor by giving.Anne Frank
6. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.Dalai Lama
7. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.Mother Teresa
8. I have no idea what’s awaiting me, or what will happen when this all ends. For the moment I know this: there are sick people and they need curing.Albert Camus
9. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.Aesop
10. The purpose of human life is to serve and to show compassion and the will to help others.Albert Schweitzer
11. There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.John Holmes
Don’t shy away from being the advisor, confidante, counselor, or the main man/woman for the elderly in our life. They might need you more than ever. I have knit-picked compassion quotes for the elderly from sources like Goodreads and AtoZQuotes. Let me know how you liked them.